Tuesday, April 22, 2008

plantain ointment

Yes! I am still here...just covered up with spring jobs and building bookcases in the schoolroom.

Today I'm making plantain ointment again. This year it's a little different than it was when I sent it to some of you...was it two years ago now? It had bits of leaves in it, but this year I'll strain them out. (They tended to get everywhere when you used the stuff.)

So let me know if you need plantain ointment and I'll send it ahead.

Oh and check out how far I've gotten on the bookcases:


Those are the verticals that the shelves will slide into. Okay, back to work!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

What exactly does one use plantain ointment for?

Nice work on the bookshelves.

Jaime said...

good luck on shelves. explain the ointment please?

Erin said...

Sorry. Here's the Wikipedia entry on plantain: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantago

Look at the first paragraph under "uses" there. The ointment is for external (skin) problems. My version is made with olive oil, plantain, and beeswax.

Plantain is a weed that grows in my yard, but not in anybody's yard in Utah, so when I make some I generally offer it to those of my acquaintance who are not similarly blessed. :) (Although they may likewise not be blessed with skeeters and poison ivy...)