Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ha

I just thought of a funny thing. If I were to want to change this blog to be just about my life as a housewife, I could change the name to something hilarious like "Setting Up Howes-keeping" or "Life as a Howes-wife".

I just figured you might think that was funny. Unless you're Jess, of course, who finds no humor in puns on his surname. But hey, I've only had the opportunity for the last nine years, so I'm still laughing it up.

But since it's still a blog consisting of my addled ramblings through life, the current name stays. Alas. Not everything can be funny.

6 comments:

e. said...

I still think jokes like that are funny. In fact, I'm pretty upset that Adam's last name really doesn't have anything humorous attached. So boring. How 'bout Howes-keeping? You know, like what those ladies who clean hotels say when they knock on the door?

Jenn said...

Heh, I love name jokes. Maybe that's partly because I grew up with my Aunt Gay and her sister (Aunt) Fairy. I'm not exactly sure how my mom ended up with a name like Donna. It's nice to know that our last name doesn't begin with an I, because my son is already E. Cole...

Jaime said...

wow! i LOVE it!!! very funny:)

Amber Cathey said...

Ma'am, can I have your last name?
-Cathey - C-A-T-H-E-Y.
No, your LAST name please.

HOWEITGOES said...

Hey Erin. I was thinking about this blog the other day...see how long people ponder your words!..and thought of another twist. From the german haus frau...to howes frau. Oh, it might be terribly incorrect and lame...but it seems like i remember haus frau from somewhere and it seems to fit.

Erin said...

I was telling a friend the other day about how you (Joy) and Natalie and I aren't really all that much alike. That I guess we're just disparate Howes-wives.

(There is way too much fun to be had with this.)